How to obtain an .ad domain?
- The OMPA (Trademark and Patent Office of Andorra), for administrative purposes:
- trademark registration
- domain registration derived from the trademark
- management and invoicing of registrations and renewals
- administrative and billing contacts
- Andorra Telecom, for technical purposes:
- management of the technical form filled in by the customer with their DNS and technical contact
- delegation of domain to client-informed DNS (we do not offer DNS Hosting)
Steps required to obtain an .ad domain
1. Contact the OMPA for the administrative formalities
Register the domain name with the OMPA.
Go to https://www.ompa.ad/domini-ad or directly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Both natural and legal persons residing in the Principality of Andorra can act directly with the OMPA
3. Once the domain name has been registered with the OMPA, contact Andorra Telecom for the technical formalities.
4. Andorra Telecom will activate the domain name online.
Frequently asked questions
You must first be the owner of the trademark or trade name from which the domain name is derived.
Contact the OMPA (Trademark and Patent Office of Andorra) (email@example.com) to acquire ownership of a trademark.
The owner of a trademark automatically becomes the owner of the corresponding .ad domain name.
During the trademark ownership period assigned by OMPA, the use of the corresponding .ad domain is reserved exclusively by the trademark owner.
In order to use the domain, the domain owner must prove ownership through the OMPA File Number indicated in the private OMPA Resolution document.
We do not currently provide WHOIS services.
The official place to find the owner of a .ad domain is: https://www.ompa.ad/noms-domini-ad. If you do not get any results you can contact OMPA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Technical information for the .ad domain can be found here: https://menandmice.com/support/dig. Fill out the search form with Name server = dnsc.ad and Query Type = Name Server (NS).
If in doubt, contact us at: email@example.com
Network Information Center for the Country Code Top Level Domain .ad
(NIC Admin for the ccTLD .ad)
Andorra Telecom, C/ Mn. Lluís Pujol, 8-14. Santa Coloma, Principat d’Andorra
Tel.: (+376) 875 000 - Fax: (+376) 863 667 - Correu: firstname.lastname@example.org